Ampalaya must be my favorite vegetable to eat and cook. Whether it’s normal stir fry, cooked with egg, cooked with pork or cooked with shrimp, the ampalaya just tasted so good! So one day, I decided to try out ampalaya with egg and ground pork. As expected, it tasted yummy! I intend to share more ampalaya recipes here in the future.
Cooking Ampalaya with egg and ground pork takes only a few minutes. If you’re in a hurry, this is a dish to cook! You only need a few ingredients too and they’re usually staples in your kitchen (ampalaya, garlic, onions, tomatoes, ground pork, egg, oyster sauce, oil, salt and pepper).
Ampalaya Guisado with Egg and Ground Pork
Yield 4 servings
inspired by Pinay in Texas
- 3 pieces ampalaya, deseeded, washed and cut lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece onion, minced
- 2 pieces tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 pieces eggs, beaten
- In a wok over medium heat, add garlic and saute until cooked.
- Add tomatoes and onions. Continue to cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add ground pork and cook until pork is light brown in color.
- Add salt & pepper. Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add ampalaya and oyster sauce. Combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the wok again and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Saute for another minute.
- Serve and enjoy!