Sharing another sayote dish today but this time, it comes with shrimps! So, it’s rightly called Sayote with Shrimps 😅 I love cooking vegetable dishes as they are easy to cook and when you eat them, you don’t feel guilty as it has a healthy feeling. With us wanting to always achieve the right weight, eating lots of vegetables is the way to go.
It took me a week to finish the dish all by myself. I tend to skip dinner these days but let’s see if I can sustain eating one dish over and over for one whole week. I tend to get tired of the taste already. Earlier, I rewarded myself with 6 pieces KFC chicken, hahahaha! I’m already defying my health goals 😂
Ginisang Sayote with Shrimp
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 piece onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece tomato, diced
- 12 pieces peeled shrimps
- 2 pieces sayote, cored & chopped into cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix oyster sauce with water. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions. Cook until onions are translucent in colour.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are softened.
- Add shrimps and cook until shrimps turn light pink in colour.
- Add sayote and oyster sauce-water mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes. Check if sayote is tender.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!