I rarely prepare desserts. One day, I was hungry in the afternoon despite having lunch. I wasn’t keen on eating peanuts or edamame that time, so I opened up my recipe database and prepared Ginataang Mais at Malagkit na Kanin. Good thing I had corn and boy, do I love this dish! It was super filling yet tasty!
The Ginataang Mais at Malagkit dish is easy to prepare too! We just need to put all ingredients in the pot and boil/cook! The recipe is good for 4. Enjoy it with family and/or friends! 😀
Ginataang Mais at Malagkit
Yield 4 servings
Inspired by Panlasang Pinoy
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put coconut milk and coconut cream in a big pot. Let boil.
- Add glutinous rice. Stir ingredients together.
- Add sugar. Combine with rest of the ingredients.
- Add corn. Lower heat to simmer. Continue to stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Combine all ingredients then remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!