Whenever I go to the grocery, I have a list of things to buy. However, there are just some items that you think you can use whenever, one example is pork chops. Now, since I have pork chops, I tried to find a recipe that has a sauce. Fried pork chops is popular but at the time that I was planning to cook it, I was craving for something not fried, hehe! So today, I’m sharing the recipe for Pork Chop Steak.🐷
The pictures do not do justice to the finished product but this Pork Chop Steak recipe is the bomb! It was so tasty and flavourful! Luckily, I cooked the pork well enough for it not to be tough, hahaha!
Pork Chop Steak
Yield 3 servings
Inspired by Panlasang Pinoy
- 3 pieces pork chops
- 2.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure calamansi
- 1/4 cup oil
- Marinated Pork Chops
- remaining marinade
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 piece onion, sliced into rings
- Mix pork chops, soy sauce and calamansi in a container. Marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a wok in medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Pan-fry the marinated pork chops for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add remaining marinade and water. Let boil.
- Then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper and combine the ingredients.
- Add onions and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!