Starting 2018, I want to focus on cooking mostly vegetable dishes. I want to lose 10 pounds of weight. With me continuing to eat meat dishes won’t help much. So expect a lot of vegetable dishes from me this time onwards (especially this year)!
For today, I’m sharing Ginisang Sayote with Chicken. I bought several sayote so my next post is another sayote dish. I wasn’t able to finish everything I cooked last week so next week’s baon continues to be sayote for me. I’m starting to get tired of it, haha! 😅 As always, I want my chicken to be cut in very small cubes. You may have your own chicken cut into 1-inch cubes. I really just like chopping it further so my Ginisang Sayote with Chicken looked like it has more chicken.
Ginisang Sayoye with Chicken
Yield 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into small cubes
- 2 pieces tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 4 pieces sayote, sliced into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent in colour.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken turned light brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook everything until tomatoes are softened.
- Add water and bring mixture into a boil.
- Lower heat and cover the wok. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and stir into the ingredients.
- Add sayote and cook until sayote are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- serve and enjoy!