I enjoyed cooking the meatballs that I couldn’t stop myself from finding new ways in preparing it. So far, I’ve done it as is – baked meatballs dipped in sweet chill sauce. I’ve also prepared meatball sotanghon soup. Now, I tried my hand on sweet and sour meatballs!
After I’ve tasted the finished product, I think this is going to be my favourite meatball preparation. Have you tried sweet and sour meatballs? If not, I highly suggest you do!
Thankfully, Panlasang Pinoy’s recipe was spot on! I was so proud of myself for being able to recreate the sweet and sour sauce from scratch, hehe 🙂
The sweet and sour meatballs is perfect to eat with steamed rice. I’m happy to say this is one of my successful creations. Believe it or not, I have more failures in the kitchen than successful ones. haha!
RECIPE: Sweet and Sour Meatballs
adapted from Panlasang Pinoy
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/3 cup vinegar
1 cup bell pepper
1 pc onion
1 cup water
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
1 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 3 tbsp water
1 lb. cooked meatballs
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- When oil is hot enough, sauté garlic.
- Add onions, carrots, and bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add pineapples, and cook for another minute.
- Add tomato ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar then stir everything.
- Add water, and let boil.
- Add cornstarch, and cook until desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour cooked sauce over cooked meatballs.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this dish, you might want to try these other pork recipes: