Thanks to Intel, I had the chance to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. It’s already the second installment of the film but I wasn’t able to watch the original 2008 film. After watching the sequel, I finally understood why Kung Fu Panda is successful. It’s fun, entertaining, cute, exciting and touching at the same time!
This time around, the movie is in 3D! I certainly enjoyed the movie and was laughing all throughout. The movie, Kung Fu Panda 2, was definitely great to catch if you want to forget about all the stress at work or at home.
It’s also amazing that all the stars in the original film reprised their voice roles. Look at this awesome list of stars in Kung Fu Panda 2:
- Jack Black (Master Po)
- Angelina Jolie (Master Tigress)
- Jackie Chan (Monkey)
- Michelle Yoeh (Soothsayer)
- Dustin Hoffman (Master Shifu)
- Gary Oldman (Lord Shen)
- Seth Rogen (Mantis)
- Lucy Liu (Viper)
- Jean-Claude Van Damme (Master Croc)
- David Cross (Crane)
- James Hong (Mr. Ping)
- Danny McBride (Wolf Boss)
- Dennis Haysbert (Master Storming Ox)
- Victor Garber (Thundering Rhino)
- Michael Bell (Gorilla Guard)
- Fred Tatasciore (Po’s Dad)
The movie revolves around Master Po who is protecting the Valley of Peace together with his friends and the Furious Five (Tigress, Crane, Viper, Monkey and Mantis). Master Po, being the Dragon Warrior, is living his dream but is being challenged by Lord Shen who plans to destroy kung fu and conquer China.
Master Po has to uncover his past and discover his origin to find inner peace. Thus will be able to defeat Lord Shen and save Kung Fu and China.
Will he be successful? Go watch the movie. You’ll love it! 🙂
As always, I appreciate movies that can provide us some great lessons in life. Kung Fu Panda 2 is one of them as it’s backed up with a good story. Let me share the lessons that I was able to bring home after watching the movie:
- Find your inner peace – You get to hear this line a lot in the movie. I’m sure you’ll understand what this means when you get to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. Take note of this lesson that Master Shifu will share and Master Po will learn.
- Don’t hold grudges – No wonder Lord Shen became a villain here. He was holding so much grudges with what happened in his past. Do you want to live life driven by anger?
- Love knows no boundaries – I shed some tears as I see how unconditional the love of Mr. Ping is for Master Po. Mr. Ping is Master Po’s adoptive father and he really loves Master Po like his real son.
My Rating for Kung Fu Panda 2: 4 out of 5 stars.