At an exclusive screening event of the movie, Kung Fu Panda 2 (sponsored by Intel), Intel announced their two newest contests. Companies usually launch one big contest at a time but Intel launched two big ones!
They are Digital Showdown, a digital film-making competition ongoing in Facebook, and Win an Island with 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors, a contest that gives customers a chance to win an all expense-paid escape on a private island.
I immediately read the news release for each of the contests as soon as I got home. The prizes are so cool! You see, Intel is giving away 2nd generation Intel core processors powered notebooks and dream holiday trips! Who wouldn’t want that?
Let me go straight to the details so you can start doing what is needed to get a chance to win!
To recognize and showcase Filipino creativity and talent, Intel decided to do this digital short film-making contest. To my fellow countrymen who loves to make home-made videos and upload to social networking sites, this is your chance to show your talent to the whole world and get a chance to win an awesome prize!
All you have to do and know are the following:
- ‘Like’ the Intel Facebook Page to join.
- theme of the videos must be based on how the PC makes an impact in your life.
- videos may either be 30 seconds, 50 seconds or 70 seconds in length.
- videos may be shot in any format.
- submissions must be converted into FLV video.
- files must be no larger than 10MB.
- you may submit as many original entries, but can only win once.
- finalists will be chosen by a judging panel appointed by Intel, after which the entries will be uploaded to the Intel Philippines Facebook fan page for voting by Intel fans.
- to increase chances of winning, Intel also commissioned renowned film directors RA Rivera and Quark Henares to provide mentoring and film-making expert advice on Facebook.
- Voting will be open for the public for two weeks after the finalists’ submission of entries.
- The top three shortlisted films with the most number of votes will be the winners.
- Deadline for entries is on July 22, 2011.
Win an Island with the 2nd Generation Intel Core processors
Now, this is Intel’s way of rewarding their customers. If you purchase a PC powered by a 2nd Generation Intel Core i5, i7 processor or a boxed 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor from June 15 to August 31, 2011 then you are eligible to join the contest!
And it doesn’t just stop at that. Even the retailers who sell an eligible 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 system or boxed processor during the promo period are eligible to win too!
Here’s the information about the Win an Island contest:
- qualified Intel customers from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam stand to win the grand prize: a month-long island adventure for four on the visually-stunning Joyo Island in Indonesia.
- Consumers in the Philippines who purchase a PC powered by a 2nd Generation Intel Core i5, i7 processor or a boxed 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor from June 15 to August 31, 2011 are automatically eligible to join.
- qualified participants must register by SMS with the word “ISLAND” <space> and their email address, and send to 0916-3111566.
- The grand prize winner will be chosen by a panel of judges at the Intel Asia Pacific Head Office. One runner-up entry will also be chosen in each country, and will win a one-week stay on Joyo Island.
- vendors who sell an eligible 2nd Generation Intel Core i5, i7 system or boxed processor during the promo period are also eligible to win a three-night getaway on the private Pom Pom Island, Indonesia.
- all winners will be notified by an Intel representative, between October 1 and 10, 2011.
For those who are like me who’s not eligible to join the contest due to various reasons (I’m planning to buy next year), then you can just daydream hahaha!
Intel created this interactive Facebook game called ‘The Island’ which allows players to build and customize their own very private, virtual island with the help of the penguins from Dreamworks’ Madagascar movies.
As we daydream through the Intel Island Game, we might get a chance to win a prize! Well, as long as we have made the most creative island through the eyes of the Intel representative who will choose a winner weekly.
To all the participants for both Intel contests, good luck! 🙂