Sharing my learnings from the book, The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
Dyer has another term for the concept behind the Law of Attraction. He calls it the Power of Intention. His philosophy is pure and simple, “The law of attraction is this: You don’t attract what you want. You attract what you are.”
“Most people’s mistake in trying to apply the law of attraction is they want things; they demand things. But God doesn’t work that way,” continues Dyer. “It’s all about allowing.”
Dyer refers to the Tao Te Ching, written by Lao Tzu. “He says in there, 2,500 years ago, if you live from these virtues, then all that you could ever need or want could be provided for you.” Dyer excitedly retrieves his personal copy of the book, leans forward and reads the words that touch him so deeply. He explains how virtue is a very important concept in the Law of Attraction.
- in our darker moments, many of us have doubted our paths in life. Am I spending my time on Earth in the best possible way? Why haven’t I achieved more? These are the kinds of questions that can keep us awake at night
- conventional wisdom tells us that intention is a strong determination to achieve a particular result. But intention doesn’t emanate from within you and it is not under your control. Instead, intention is a powerful force within the universe
- intentions shapes us humans and guides us toward a true potential – only if we are willing to let it. Because humans have free will, we can choose whether or not to follow the path of intention. All too often we choose not to and the problem lies in a human trait: the ego.
- Get rid of your ego and let intention drive you toward your true purpose
- don’t dwell on the difficulty or unlikeliness of achieving something. You can focus your mind on success by imagining that you have already achieved what you intend to do.
- your imagination is connected to the energy field of intention. So when you use your imagination to visualize that you already have what you want, you are connecting to the power of intention & helping to bring what you want into reality
- Align your thoughts with the positive, life-affirming energy of God. So instead of dwelling on what has always been, try to think about what will be in the future
- if God has a purpose and you are part of Him, that means you have the very same purpose that God has. It’s to create, to give life, to be a beacon of love, beauty and peace. And that’s your purpose too!
- To love God and follow His intention, you must realize that there is no difference between God and you. You are a part of God; you are His wisdom, His creativity, and His success. When you love yourself, you also acknowledge your love for God. But when you turn away from yourself, then you are turning away from God’s love, as well as His abilities
- letting go of stress brings you closer to God
- first step is realizing that stress is a choice; it’s not a physical event that happens to you
- one simple technique for reducing stress is to catch your stress reaction before it takes hold of you
- when you feel stressed, try to see all the things that get you down as signs that you need to rethink how you relate to the world
- if you want to receive loving, supportive people into your life, then you need to become this sort of person yourself. All you need to do is have faith that these loving, supportive people are going to walk into your life at the right moment. When you have this absolute faith, you project confidence and trust into the world. With this in mind, it’s important to have patience. Instead of trying to force relationships and connections to happen sooner, trust that everything will happen when it’s supposed to