I’ve been a bit sad these past few months. While I tried making myself very busy with tasks, I feel I needed something else to cheer me up. So I grabbed the Happiness in a Nutshell book by Andrew Matthews. Thinking that reading it will help influence my emotions to a happy one.
Happiness in a Nutshell by Andrew Matthews
It is about better relationships, enjoying your work and finding peace of mind
Humorous and easy to read
Features 40 of Andrew Matthews’ cartoons.
As I flipped through the first page, the dedication of Andrew Matthews for his wife melted my heart. It’s really rare for guys to appreciate their partner and it’s refreshing to see that he acknowledges her idea and the way they put the Happiness in a Nutshell together.
The book is basically a wealth of quotes that enlightens and encourages us to think rightfully. Which in turn helps us to be happier in life. I love the way some of the quotes make me think and realize things.
Here are the 5 best quotes I intend to keep at heart:
• “Where did you get the idea that if we don’t forgive people, they suffer?”
• “The challenge of life is to appreciate everything and attach yourself to nothing.”
• “You get motivated by doing things, not thinking about them.”
• “If there is something in your life you don’t want, stop worrying about it and stop talking about it! The energy you put into it keeps it alive. Withdraw your energy and it will likely go away.”
• “The law of the seed: effort + patience = results. You reap your harvest after you do the work.”
Sometimes, we want a quick read. It took me just 15 minutes to finish Happiness in a Nutshell. Despite the short read, it was simple but super motivating! A must-read if you’re looking for inspiration.