I crave for Bulalo frequently. My first instinct whenever I want to have one big bowl of hot bulalo soup is to drive to Tagaytay or Nuvali. However, I want to be able to prepare one myself so I don’t have to spend so much time driving back and forth Manila and Batangas. Luckily, it was a success! Craving satisfied!
The cooking process is actually very easy. We just need to put everything in the pot and simmer for 2-3 hours. The one thing we want to make sure is that the beef shank is tender. The wait is super worth it as the soup is just too yummy! Since the number of servings of the Bulalo I cooked is 4, I get to enjoy it for 2 days! 😃
Yield 4 servings
inspired by Panlasang Pinoy
- 6 cups water
- 1 kilo beef shank
- 1 piece onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 3 pieces corn, cut into 3 parts
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 bundle pechay, chopped
- 3 pieces green onions, chopped
- In a big pot, put in water and bring to a boil.
- Add beef shank, onions and whole peppercorns. Simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Add corn then simmer again for another 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, cabbage, pechay and green onions.
- Serve into bowls and enjoy!