I just finished watching Secret Love today. I’m surprised that I enjoyed it. After the 3rd episode, I read the finale recap online as I couldn’t contain my curiosity about the ending. I was so close to skipping the episodes and watching the last episode. I’m glad I didn’t push through with the plan and watched all the episodes.
Secret Love (2013)
Taking the blame for her lawyer boyfriend who’s involved in a hit-and-run, a young woman becomes a target of revenge by the victim’s lover.
Secret Love is ultimately a love story. The story is complicated just like how life really is. I’m fascinated how a love can grow from revenge but I guess it happens. It’s cool to see the transformation from hatred to love. Somehow, being single and loveless as myself, I get my dose of romance by watching all the Korean dramas. I guess it’s sufficient for me, hehehe!
As always, I want to make sure that I take note of all the lessons that I learned from the TV series that I watch. Considering how much time I spent on each show, I want to take away something tangible. Of course, the enjoyment is there.
For Secret Love, there is a lot to takeaway. I just love the many characters in the series. We get to learn a thing or two from each.
- Money and Power is not everything. Don’t let the hunger of being wealthy and powerful change you into something you are not.
- Don’t let your anger consume you. If you go and punch someone, you might feel better temporarily but the problem will become much worse.
- A mother’s love is truly selfless. She will sacrifice even her own happiness for the sake of the happiness of her child.
- You cannot force love.
- Justice will always prevail even if it’s delayed.
- Stop taking the blame and saying sorry for someone else. Let them be accountable for their actions.
- Never take away something that is not yours to begin with.
- Love is patient.
The story was a bit slow at the start but picked up pace in the middle. However, the ending was too rushed. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed it and it was a good ending! I love that the lead characters ended up together!
Among the actors, my favorite is Ji Sung. I love his expressive face. He was the one who carried the scenes especially with the leading actress.