I’m honestly in awe on how great tips are available for free. I understand that people like Rachel are entrepreneurs and they are marketing their brand and a bigger training. But still, I appreciate that the free advice that they give with these free webinars are truly gems in their own right! For today, I’m sharing what I learned from Rachel Pedersen’s How to Become a Fully Booked Social Media Manager.
Rachel Pedersen herself is a social media manager that earns so much money monthly (imagine 1 million dollars in 2 years). She has a large social media following and used to have a 9-5 corporate job. Now, she has most of her family members in her social media management team and she has been living comfortably and doing what she enjoys to do. I want to hear people talk about their success and how they got to it.
I do not have a dream to be a social media manager but since I want to learn, I made sure I watched the free webinar till the end. It’s always nice to be inspired by successful people such as Rachel! And since I’m a blogger, it would be great to learn a thing or two about the work of a social media manager.
As always, here are my notes that I wish to use as future reference:
You are in the right place if:
- you want to be a fully booked social media manager
- you’re ready to have a job (or side gig) that you love
- you love social media and wouldn’t mind getting paid to play
- you are fed up with your 9-5 and you’re looking for a new option
- you want freedom – financially and with time
Three important things to know
- thousands of companies need support with their marketing.
- you can become a highly sought after social media manager without a degree, without experience and without lying.
- you can make a couple hundred a month to $10,000 a month by delivering value
How do I get clients?
there is one place that you can source that leads to demands –> LinkedIn
this 4-step process is totally replicable!
STEP 1: Optimise your LinkedIn Profile
- your profile photo
- your cover photo
- your headline
- your bio
- create a new position
- update your skills
- get recommendations
- add certifications (google adwords certification, hubspot free certification)
STEP 2: Inbound Marketing
Goal: anything to get attention
- post an update on LinkedIn
- repurpose your blogs
- follow industry leaders
- join groups related to interests
- marketing & social media managers
- groups that ideal clients are in
STEP 3: Lion Connections
Goal: Increase your network
- get the 30-day free trial of premium
- do a search
- search for 2nd connections only
- search based on job titles
- connect connect connect
- don’t include a note
- rejection is okay
- connect connect connect
STEP 4: Outbound Marketing
Goal: Get them on a discovery call
- go to your connections on LinkedIn
- send each one a message
- personalisation is good
- use this template:
Thanks for connecting! How is business going at (business name)?
I help business owners to ______________ – I’d love to discuss how I could support your business with my social media strategies. When would you be free for a phone call?
If you are a person looking into a social media manager career and you find the content of my notes helpful, then you might be interested in taking Rachel Pedersen’s training called Social Media United. The training is at $49 a month. Here’s the link to enroll and to get more information on the course.