Last night, I got to watch A Quiet Place with Nix. I’m glad we pushed through with our plans as it’s definitely better to watch the movie in a movie theater than on TV (via Netflix or other streaming services).
A Quiet Place (2018)
A family is forced to live in silence while hiding from creatures that hunt by sound.
A Quiet Place is about a family who does everything to keep each other safe from creatures that hunt by hearing a sound.
There are so many things that I love about A Quiet Place. Let me enumerate them:
- You can see that everyone in the theater respects the need for the atmosphere to be quiet. No one is literally making any sound
- no cellphone beeps
- no chatting
- I even have to stop eating my popcorn as it gives a tiny crunching sound. I noticed everyone else did the same.
- Nix pointed this out to me. Both of us jumped on our seats whenever there are shocking scenes but both of us didn’t make any sound!
- The acting was superb from every single cast member! There’s just no escaping it. If you think about the story, the only way it can catch the audience’s heart is if they acted their parts perfectly. And the cast did just that! I have renewed respect for the actors in this movie.
- The love for family is the focus for this movie. The love of the husband and wife to each other, the love of the parents for their kids, the love of the kids to their parents and the love of the siblings for each other. It’s heartwarming to see this at play. We will definitely do anything for family including sacrificing our own lives.
Of course, there are a lot of unanswered questions (spoilers ahead!). Questions like how did the monsters get there, where did the other people go? There are obvious experts in the world, why haven’t they figured out how to fight off those monsters? Did the family survive at the end?
However, I get to understand why this movie is so effective. It’s not about the monsters but it’s a movie about family. How a family acts during dangerous times, how they survive and how they are protecting each other.
It’s about love.