I must admit I got interested in this movie because of the hype. Everyone was just raving about Black Panther. Others even saying that this is the best Marvel movie. I had to see it for myself and I’m just glad that my friend asked that we watch the movie together! And shhhhh, I was looking forward to see some badass abs there (*cough* Michael B. Jordan) 😝
Black Panther (2018)
After the death of his father, T’Challa returns home to the African nation of Wakanda to take his rightful place as king. When a powerful enemy suddenly reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king — and as Black Panther — gets tested when he’s drawn into a conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people.
Black Panther made $500 million worldwide on its first week! I understand why the movie made it big. IMHO, it’s a combination of several factors, #1 being the importance of it for people of color and #2 since it’s a Marvel movie.
I haven’t read any Marvel comics so my impressions of Black Panther is a bit standard 😛 There are things/characters that I really love about the movie:
- Okoye, the head of the Dora Milan’s army is actually played by the same person from Walking Dead TV series (Michonne). She’s definitely badass on both roles.
- Shuri, the smartest lady in the Marvel universe. She’s even smarter than Tony Stark! I just love her character since I’m a huge techie. All her creations are so cool and she herself is a total badass too! The way she cares for her brother is admirable as well! ❤👨👧
- Michael B. Jordan was a total eye candy! I just couldn’t take my eyes off him and he was particularly mesmerizing during his fight scenes. Oh my heart! ❤
- The aesthetics was really good (costumes, weaponry, special effects & culture-related). They’re such an eye candy which makes Black Panther pleasant to watch.
- the scene between killmonger and his dad. That was heartbreaking but touching at the same time.
I’m not quite impressed with T’Challa though. He seemed to be a weak king in the movie. Maybe I should start reading Marvel comics so I get to appreciate the characters more.
Overall, Black Panther is an entertaining movie to watch. I was glued to the screen all throughout the movie and stayed to watch 2 of the post credit scenes.