Today is my 40th birthday. There’s no celebration at all, no parties and no special activities. I initially planned to just stay at home but mom is not feeling well. She was craving for something with soup. So I got ready and drove us to SM Aura for have her fix of soup. I remember that I liked the noodle soup being served at TuanTuan Chinese Brasserie so that’s where I recommended us to go.
TuanTuan Chinese Brasserie is a restaurant serving Cantonese food. I really love Chinese food and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it. I’ve eaten at TuanTuan Chinese Brasserie countless times and I still crave for their food each time.
One of the things that I really like at the restaurant is its ambience. It’s so inviting! I love the lighting, the numerous Chinese items hanged on the walls and the overall vibe that it gives. TuanTuan Manila definitely got it right with their first moment of truth for their dining clients.
By the way, we entered during their opening hours that’s why the restaurant is not yet full.
The menu is another interesting thing at TuanTuan. It’s like a Chinese newspaper. The menu even has a volume number! So cool, hahaha! We just came to eat and didn’t have much time so I didn’t have time to read the stories being written about TuanTuan in their menu. Maybe next time. 😊
I told my mom to order TuanTuan Chinese Brasserie’s Create Your Own Noodle Soup Bowl (PHP 398).
The steps are pretty simple and it’s clearly written in TuanTuan’s menu.
- Choose your soup base (Original Fish Soup, Szechuan Spicy Soup, Thai Tom Yung Goong Soup, Chao Chou Style Dried Fish & Minced Pork Fish Soup, Malay Laksa Soup, Watercress & Almond Fish Soup, Sate with Peanut Sauce Soup & Elixir Herbal Soup).
- Choose two toppings (Sliced Beef Brisket, Sliced Beef, Sliced Fatty Beef, Beef Tendon, Pork Char Sir, Sliced Pork, Luncheon Meat, Mini Xiao Long Bar Dumplings, Sliced Chicken, Prawns, Wonton Dumplings, Crab Stick, Sliced Fish Fillet, Fish Tofu, Enoki Mushroom, Shimeji White Mushroom, Fresh Button Mushroom, Century Egg, Fried Tofu, Pork Balls, Mushroom Balls, Fish Balls, Squid Balls, Sliced Cuttlefish, Bean Curd, Sliced Pumpkin, Corn, Sliced Tomato, Watercress, Spinach, Taiwan Pechay, Chinese Kale, Scallop Balls, Cheese Fish Buns, Crab Roe Buns).
- Choose your noodles (Vermicelli,Rice Vermicelli, Flat Rice Noodles, Fresh Ramen Noodles, Shanghai Thin Noodles, Korean Style Sweet Potatoes Crystal Noodles, Minute Noodles).
- Choose 1 drink (Hong Kong Style Coffee, Cantonese Milk Tea, Cantonese Lemon Tea, Freshly Brewed Iced Tea).
- Add Side Dishes (Additional charge for this one!) – House Special Wings w/ Ginger (PHP 148), Deep Fried Fish Fillet (PHP 108), Deep Fried Spring Rolls (PHP 118), Pan-fried Boneless Chicken in Teriyaki Sauce (PHP 168), Pan-fried Pork Chop with Sautéed Onions in Maggi Sauce (PHP 168), Breaded Pork Chop (PHP 168), Fried Prawn Dumplings 5 pcs. (PHP 188)
My mom chose Thai Tom Yung Goong Soup Base, Sliced Beef Brisket & Watercress as toppings, Fresh Ramen Noodles and Cantonese Lemon Tea. I asked her how it was and she said it was good!
As for me, since I always order TuanTuan’s Create your Own Noodle Soup, I decided to try out their curry. Luckily, TuanTuan has a promo wherein you get 2 pieces crispy barbecue pork snow buns, your choice of curry and drink for PHP 499. That’s a total of PHP 50 savings. Since my mom haven’t tried TuanTuan’s snow buns, I decided to order it.
My order of Solo Curry Experience (PHP 499) includes 2 pieces crispy barbecue pork snow buns, pork chop curry & thai iced tea. I like Japanese curry more but TuanTuan’s chinese-style curry isn’t bad either. The next time I visit, I’ll try the Solo Macanese Experience.
Both my mom and I didn’t finish our food so we asked the server to pack the food for take out. I was pleasantly surprised how good their take out packaging is. Usually restaurants will just pack them in clear plastic and put in brown paper bag. With TuanTuan Chinese Brasserie, they put each dish in a microwaveable container then put in a very nice paper bag. So awesome! What a nice way to end a meal. Good service all the way 😀
TuanTuan Chinese Brasserie
🏠 Fifth Floor, SM Aura Premier, C5 Road Corner 26th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines