Today, I wanted to try something different. I’ve eaten tinola so many times but I haven’t tried eating tinola with milk. So for the recipe I’m sharing with you today, it’s White Tinola.
Looking at the big reaction of my husband, it seems like my dish today is a success! I liked the white tinola myself. Apparently, a chicken soup with evaporated milk works! I’m really so inspired to try more dishes.
Yield 4 servings
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pieces onions, sliced
- 2 pieces 2-inch ginger, sliced
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into parts
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 pieces sayote, cut into wedges
- 2 pieces chicken cubes
- 1 bunch chili leaves
- In a large pot, put oil and saute onions and 1/2 the ginger for 3 minutes.
- Over high heat, add chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and mix well.
- Add sayote, evaporated milk, water and remaining 1/2 of the ginger. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add chicken cubes. Simmer for 15 minutes or until both chicken and sayote are cooked.
- Add chili leaves and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!