It’s mid-April and I actually have not set my 2017 goals yet. It’s saddening that I can’t bring myself to set this year’s goal at the right time. However, I probably would want to cut myself some slack due to the busyness of my 2016 with the wedding & the adjustment to my drastically changed life.
So the first major goal I want to achieve by December 31, 2017 is to have a body weight of 110 pounds and a normal fat percentage of 25%.
Let’s see where I am now (as of April 14, 2017):
- Current weight – 140.5 pounds
- Current fat percentage – 34%
Based on my height and activity level, these are the normal numbers:
- weight – 109 to 122 pounds
- fat percentage – 25-30%
Oh boy, I’m so messed up right now 😅 I’m obviously both overweight and have too much fat on my body.
While I have faith in myself and in God that I will be able to achieve whatever goals I set, I’m not sure if 8 months is enough time for me to reach this weight and fat goal. But hey, with the right mindset and proper planning, I might just be able to!
Here is what I plan to do starting today:
- drink at least 2 liters of water a day
- limit food intake to 1,200 calories a day
- limit rice intake only during breakfast
- stay away from beef and pork as much as possible
- no more soft drinks (bye Coke 😢)
- no more junk food (bye Cheetos 😭)
- no more processed food (bye Spam 💔)
- use the stairs when working at the office (from 7th floor parking to the 12th floor office work area)
I aim to reach my goal of 110 pounds and 25% fat. I will not beat myself up though if I don’t get to those numbers by December 31, 2017. But I will definitely beat myself up if I don’t even improve!
one of my measurements during the month of April
Wish me luck?
Yearend review: I wasn’t able to achieve 110 pounds and 25% fat this year. However, I got good progress! See, I lost 11.9 pounds and 2.8% fat! That’s good progress. Let’s see if I can finally achieve my target weight and body fat this 2018.