My mom and I watched the Prince solely because of Bruce Willis. I didn’t expect much but seeing Rain as part of the cast made me a little excited.
I felt that the Prince is a good movie but there is just something missing. I couldn’t pinpoint what it is but I just didn’t enjoy the movie that much. I don’t think the reason was the acting because all the actors were great. I loved the casting too. Come to think of it, maybe it’s the storyline or how it all connected together. I don’t know. There is just something that wasn’t right (lack of suspense, perhaps?).
Things that I noticed in the movie, the Prince:
- Rain’s makeup in the movie is too distracting. No offence meant but he looked like a woman there :/
- John Cusack’s role is so small. I think he only came out of the movie 1% of the time.
- I would have wished that the producers gave more credit to Jessica Lowndes. She might not be an A-list celebrity yet but her role in the film is major.
- The story is just too simple.
- The story is also unrealistic. This isn’t a superhero movie but the lead seems to be so perfect that he can kill tons of people alone without being killed.
The Prince’s story is pretty straightforward.
* spoilers ahead*
A man used to be a gangster then he stopped. He lived his life as a mechanic and being a good dad to his daughter. One day, his daughter went missing. In order to get her back, he has to go back to his gangster life and do the things he used to do. In the end, he got his daughter back. The end.
Okay, I will just admit it. I was disappointed with the Prince. I don’t think the movie will get another week of screening here in Manila.
My Rating for The Prince: 2 out of 5 stars.