From great suffering, great pain came a solution – communities where disorders became harmony.
The statement above provides a gist on what the movie, The Giver, is all about. I won’t share about its plot because I want you to enjoy the journey. The movie is a must-watch! I felt that every single cent spent on watching The Giver is so worth it.
Here are five reasons why I loved the movie so much:
- The Giver has Taylor Swift in it. I’m a huge fan of Taylor Swift and her music. It was a breath of fresh air seeing her acting on a movie. While she had a minor role, Taylor Swift showed that she can act too!
- Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges. Those 2 acclaimed and award-winning actors being in the movie is already enough reason for us to watch The Giver. They were awesome and perfect as always.
- Odeya Rush was so pretty! I couldn’t stop staring at her flawless and endearing face. She acted very well too!
- The Giver made me appreciate our ability to have emotions. Happiness, love, pain (yes, even pain), compassion, empathy, laughter, disappointment, courage and dreams. The community had their emotions and memories taken away from them. Upon watching the movie, I was made to realise and appreciate the different emotions that we are feeling everyday — how those emotions mold our lives and our choices. This has got to be the best reason why I loved the movie very much.
- Friends are forever. Those three words shouldn’t be taken lightly. In the movie, I saw true friendship. The three characters (Jonas, Fiona and Asher) had full trust of each other. I know a lot of people take the word ‘friendship’ too lightly. However, when we meet our true friends, we are lucky.
As soon as I got home, I immediately tried to find a copy of the Book by Lois Lowry. I will be reading this tonight just because I want to make sure I got the whole story in my head.
My Rating for The Giver: 5 out of 5 stars