Gone were the days when I bring my DSLR everyday. Ever since I got the Olloclip for the iPhone 5, I became confident that my iPhone can produce beautiful pictures that I can finally save the DSLR for special occasions only.
In fact, whenever I install the olloclip on my iPhone 5, I get questions like, “what is that?“, “that’s a cool gadget, how much is it?“, “how cool! where can I get that accessory?“.
Let me introduce one of my favorite iPhone accessory: the Olloclip. It’s a 3-in-1 photo lens system for the iPhone that works with any iOS applications. It costs about Php 2,950 which is very cheap considering that we are getting three different lenses (yes, three!).
What’s inside the Olloclip box?
Included in the box are:
- a microfiber bag carrying case that doubles as a cleaning cloth
- lens caps for both ends of the olloclip
- a macro lens
- a fisheye lens
- a wide-angle lens
- iPod touch adapter
What I like about the Olloclip?
- Apart from iPhone 5, this little accessory works with iPod touch 5th generation. An adapter is included in the box so that we can use olloclip on the iPod Touch.
- The olloclip is so easy to bring around. It’s so small that you can put the accessory in your pocket.
- The carrying bag doubles as a cleaning cloth! Yes, the pouch is made of microfiber thus it can be used to wipe any fingerprints or dust on the lenses.
- It’s so useful and functional! Olloclip works as advertised. It’s a 3-in-1 lens system that works great, more than great!
- Fish eye – provides a field of view of approximately 180 degrees. It’s a fun feature and can be addicting! It gives focus to the subject. I love how photos come out, so cute!
- Wide-angle – doubles the native viewing angle of the iPhone! This lens is perfect for nature and landscape shots.
- Macro – allows you to focus the phone within 13mm of the photo subject. I like how we can see the subject better as the macro lens is capable of making 10x close-ups! The lens is accessible by unscrewing the wide-angle lens from the olloclip.
- Olloclip is so simple to use. You don’t even need to read any manual to understand how it works. You just snap it on your iPhone and take photos like you usually do on your iPhone 5.
- The three lenses works for pictures but also for videos! So awesome!
- Installing the olloclip is easy. You just snap the accessory to the corner of the iPhone 5 where the rear camera is, and it aligns the lenses automatically.
- The Olloclip is made from high quality grade aluminium, precision-ground coated glass optics and hard plastic. It feels strong, tough and can withstand frequent use of the accessory.
- The Php 2,950 price is definitely a steal considering that we are getting three different kinds of lenses. If we buy a macro lens for our DSLR, it’ll cost thrice as much! What more for all three?
What I don’t like about the Olloclip?
There are two things that I didn’t like about olloclip (nothing is perfect after all!):
- The lens cap do not stay well and tends to come off easily. It’s a good thing that I put the lens in the carrying bag so I always find it inside.
- Olloclip only works without an iPhone case. Thus, if you have an iPhone case, you have to remove it whenever you use olloclip.
My Personal Olloclip Gallery
I took a lot of photos with Olloclip. I especially love the wide-angle lens because it makes the view bigger. Group pictures are not a problem anymore if we’re a bit challenged with little space. I feel like I can produce beautiful pictures using such a nifty little gadget. I love Olloclip and I highly suggest you get one now!
- Macro Shots
- Wide-angle Shots
- Fisheye Shots