As the year 2012 comes to a close, Meg Magazine launches Meg Top Choice 2012.
The campaign gives Meg Magazine readers a chance to decide who are popular this year. Filipinos are known to support their favorite stars. With Meg Top Choice 2012, fans have the power to contribute votes so that their favorite celebrities get due recognition.
Mega Publishing Group started Meg Magazine in 1998. Meg Magazine is a fashion & lifestyle magazine targetted to young Filipino women. The magazine’s mantra is not just to teach women how to dress, but also to have fun, to keep thinking and to respect self and others. I got myself a copy of their latest issue during the launch, and I must say the magazine has a lot of quality content.
I was told that Meg Magazine is going big. If you notice, all their covers this year feature the hottest stars of the Philippines. Georgina Wilson is this month’s Meg magazine cover. Don’t we all agree that she’s hot and popular today?
Meg has also ventured into TV. They brought their brand ambassador search to ETC. The reality show is called I am MEG: Own the World in Style. I was able to catch one of their episodes before. Coincidentally, the final challenge of the contestants will happen during the Meg Top Choice 2012 awards night on November 27, 2012! Wow, definitely an event that both Meg Top Choice 2012 nominees and I am MEG finalists will look forward to!
A few bloggers were given the opportunity to get a sneak peek at the Meg Top Choice 2012 voting site before it was available for public voting. While I was browsing through the nominees, I already was rooting for some stars to win!
Today, the Meg Top Choice 2012 voting site is up! I have voted for my favourites (noticed some bugs in their site though, hope Meg fixes it) 🙁
Here are the list of this year’s nominees:
Fashion & Beauty
- Top Fashion Forward Celebrity
- Female: Sarah Lahbati, Divine Lee, Kris Bernal, Jasmine Curtis-Smith, Megan Young
- Male: Vice Ganda, John Lloyd Cruz, Mikael Daez, Enchong Dee, Alden Richards
- Best Red Lips
- Anne Curtis, Marian Rivera, Iza Calzado, Heart Evangelista, Georgina Wilson
- Sarah Geronimo, Rico Blanco, Somedaydream, Sponge Cola, Kamikazee
- Top Newcomer (Music)
- Never the Strangers, Zia Quizon, Gracenote, Somedaydream, Daniel Padilla
- Top Cover Star
- Angel Locsin (Dec/Jan), Jasmine Curtis-Smith (Feb), Bea Alonzo (Mar), Toni Gonzaga (Apr), Julia Montes (May), Marian Rivera (Jun), Erich Gonzales (Jul), Angelica Panganiban (Aug), Heart Evangelista (Sept), Georgina Wilson (Oct)
- Best Onscreen Chemistry
- Julie Ann+Elmo, Kathryn+Daniel, Kim+Xian, Coco+Julia, Sarah+Gerald
- Hottest Couple
- Georgina+Borgy, Marian+Dingdong, Divine+Victor, Anne+Erwan, Bea+Zanjoe
- Twitter TRENDsetter of the Year
- Sarah Geronimo, Vice Ganda, Julie Ann San Jose, KathNiel, Azkals
- Top Viral Video of the Year
- Piliin Mo ang Pilipinas featuring El Gamma Penumbra, My Nerdy Valentine by Jamich, “Hi Miss..” Pinoy Banats by Kimpoy Feliciano, Gloc-9 featuring Ebe Dancel “sirena” music video, And I’m Telling You by Zendee Rose Japitana Tenerefe
- Top Fitness Trend
- Zumba by Golds Gym Philippines, Barre by Barre 3, Planaforma by Forma Asia, Crossfit by Crossfit MNL, Anti-gravity Yoga by Beyond Yoga
- Hottest Body
- Female: Cristine Reyes, Solenn Heussaff, Lovi Poe, Sam Pinto, Bea Alonzo
- Male: Xian Lim, Aljur Abrenica, Enzo Pineda, Gerard Anderson, Paulo Avelino
- Top Advocacy
- Gawad Kalinga, Bloggers United Summer Bazaar 2012, Rock Ed Philippines, The Red Whistle, The Love Yourself Project
- Best New Product/Project
- Samsung Galaxy S3, Zalora, Outbreak Manila, Magnum, Malasimbo
- Top Youth Icon
- Female: Angel Locsin, KC Concepcion, Charice Pempengco, Sarah Geronimo, Saab Magalona
- Male: Chris Tiu, Elmo Magalona, Enrique Gil, Robi Domingo, Kiefer Ravena
Meg Top Choice 2012