We travel to discover different cultures and watch local shows to enjoy each country’s unique performances. If you don’t have much time to travel, you’re in luck as world-renowned Cirque Mother Africa will be performing for the first time in Manila!
We’ll get to enjoy African music and dance through a series of 2-hour performances from April 19-22, 2012 at the Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila (which BTW is my favorite events venue).
The unique show combined the talents of 40 famous artists from African countries Ethiopia, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Ivory Coast, Benin, Zimbabwe, and Guinea. Expect to see items spun through the air, bodies contorted into mind-boggling shapes, and performers balance on other performers, percussionists beat up a storm of sound, tap-dancing and traditional dancers tell their own stories.
Cirque Mother Africa will be a refreshing show to see that will make us appreciate the modern, fresh and dynamic culture of the new Africa. With sold out shows in Germany, Italy, Romania, Russia, Netherlands, Australia, Belgium and Spain, we are assured of great entertainment!
Dancers, percussionists, singers, acrobats and contortionists will take the stage in a celebration of the culture of the traditional and modern African continent. I can’t wait for next week to watch this!
Cirque MOTHER AFRICA
A joyous adventure into the wonderful
& magical world of an African human circus.
Tickets are available at Resorts World Manila Box Office and TicketWorld outlets. Here are the prices & seat plan for your reference:
- VIP – Php 6,095
- Category 1 (Premiere Left & Right) – Php 5,090
- Category 2 (Deluxe Left, Right & Center) – Php 4,065
- Category 3 (Balcony Left, Right & Center) – Php 3,025
- Category 4 (Upper Balcony) – Php 1,500
Schedule (April 19-22, 2012):
- Thursday/Friday/Sunday – 8 PM
- Saturday – 3 PM / 8PM
Do catch Cirque Mother Africa as they only have 5 shows here in Manila! I surely won’t miss one of them! See you there! 🙂
I caught the evening show yesterday and I must say I was totally blown away! The show started exactly 8PM with the clown host convincingly making us be more energetic. He repeated his welcome with us pumped up and with smiles on our faces! 🙂
Unfortunately, we weren’t allowed to take pictures during the show as I was apprehended when I took a picture of the funny African host. I sat back and just enjoyed the rest of the show.
One by one, we got to see different circus acts. We also got to experience African music and dances in between the heart-stopping circus performances. I must admit my jaw dropped in every circus act, my golly, they were so dangerous!!! I was extremely worried that if one of them makes a mistake, they’ll surely hurt themselves. It’s nice that Cirque Mother Africa made a nice line up wherein songs & dances were injected in between the stunts, or else, I might have had a heart attack hahaha!
Here are some of the acts we saw during the beautiful show:
- Hula Hoop – I can’t even hula hoop well but the performer did tons of it while standing and yes, walking while on top of a ball! While I was impressed with the act, I was really, really worried that she might fall off. Of course, she didn’t! It was great!
- Unicycle – this was one of my favorite acts. The performer was very animated! He was cracking jokes through his facial expressions while doing those dangerous acts! Imagine riding on different kinds of unicycle, balancing on it, and smiling his way through it. Do catch his cute little act on the mini unicycle. It was hilarious and impressive!
- Balancing on Top of Multiple Chairs – imagine putting multiple chairs on top of one another and standing on it. The performer did it and more!
- Ramadhani Brothers – these guys were huge! They were able to do multiple stunts using only their bodies and most especially, their hands.
- Rolla Bolla – this must be the act that I had my mouth completely opened. It was just too scary to look at. The guy was wobbled on a balance board, placed on top a stack of four rolling cans. My most unforgettable act on Mother Africa show.
- Contortionist – it’s like watching an out of this world performance. This guy is FLEXIBLE (in the truest sense of the word). Catch him lighting up a cigarette in a most unusual mind-boggling way!
- Icarus Foot-Juggling Act – 51 back flips while being tossed up into the air by another acrobat’s feet. A must-watch!!! 🙂
Having watched Cirque Mother Africa felt like I was transported to Africa. I got to experience their culture through beautiful traditional African music, dances and outstanding circus performances. They will have their last show tonight at 8PM. I strongly suggest you get your tickets now and catch Cirque Mother Africa tonight at Newport Performance Theater in Resorts World.
Cirque Mother Africa in Manila
April 19-22, 2012
Newport Performing Arts Theatre, Resorts World Manila, Newport Boulevard, Newport City Cybertourism Zone, Pasay City
Resorts World Manila Tourist/Visitor Hotline at +63-2-836-6333
TicketWorld at +63-2-891-9999