The Caesar Salad was the star from Mario’s 40th anniversary celebration dinner that I attended 2 weeks ago.
All of our attention were fixed on the table where a representative showed us how they prepared their famous Caesar Salad. Caesar Salad has always been a favorite among Mario’s diners. I was pleasantly surprised to know that Mario’s actually prepare the caesar sauce from scratch.
I was totally in awe that I decided to write this entry solely for the Caesar Salad.
Caesar Salad by Mario’s Restaurant
- Place garlic in the mixing bowl.
- Separate egg whites from the yellow (only egg yolks will be used in the salad).
- Add egg yellows to the garlic mixture
- Add mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Add corn oil and continue mixing. This was the part that I felt a bit uncomfortable. I realized how much oil was put in the mixture! It was definitely a lot! However, he was preparing salad for more than 20 people, so I shouldn’t be worried. Still, seeing the guy finish one whole bottle of corn oil made me worry…
- Add anchovies into the bowl.
- add calamansi and vinegar to the mixture.. Mix ingredients together.
- Add fresh pepper into the mixture. Continue mixing.
- Add fresh greens… At this point, I already knew that we are so close to eating this honest to goodness Caesar Salad…
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Place salad on individual plates.
- Put bread cubes and garlic on top of the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
So, what do you think? Will you able to do this on your own? Do you think you’ll be able to make caesar salad that will have the same taste as what Mario’s serve to their customers in the restaurant?
Thanks again Mario’s for the wonderful dinner. This Caesar Salad will always be a favorite among diners! 🙂