I was rushing my way to Megamall last night as I knew that Smart Communications, Inc. would be launching the much-awaited Netphone. The event started 7PM but since my car was number-coded, I had to arrive late.
It was really exciting to know what Netphone is all about. I’ve been hearing rumors for several days about it. I knew that the Netphone is an Android device and it’s designed by Smart. I also heard that it’s going to be really cheap and affordable.
I was sad because as soon as I arrived at the beautiful Smart Jump Experience Center in Megamall, I noticed that the event just ended. 🙁
I wasn’t able to catch the presentation and the demo of the device. I wasn’t able to catch the raffle too! I missed several media friends as well because they left already.
Luckily, the Smart folks were more than willing to provide another demo for us latecomers. Here’s what I learned about the Netphone:
- the Netphone runs on Android Froyo (version 2.2)
- full integration with Smart Wireless Network thus the Netphone can tell us what our prepaid load balance is or when our next bill is due if on postpaid.
- Netphone’s Social Stream combines our Facebook and Twitter accounts. We don’t need to check both accounts separately anymore.
- Netphone messenger gives us the freedom to send messages, share photos, videos & contact numbers and chat with friends (Netphone to Netphone) without a need to spend a single centavo!
- FX messaging is an exclusive feature of the Netphone. It’s basically short video messaging or emotive messaging. Samples include: send a kiss, buzz a friend, send a beer!, megaton?!
- We can be assured that we can surf the internet being protected from viruses. The Netphone is secure!
- The Netphone’s Global Directory stores contacts on the web in the cloud. We don’t have to worry about phone memory anymore 🙂
- capture videos and photos using the 3.2 megapixel-camera with Auto Focus.
There were several demo units all over the place so I was able to play with one. Oh my gee, I so want to have one! But you know, it’s very affordable! The biggest surprise for me is the price. With all those features, the Netphone only retails at Php 9,900.00 for a prepaid kit and will come free with postpaid plan 800.
Smart will start offering the Netphone on September 10, 2011. It will only be a few days wait and we can get our hands on our very own Netphone. It’s sooooo tempting! I really want one! 😀