I had to attend the HP event last week wherein HP unveiled their new lineup of consumer laptops, desktops and monitors. In the world of Windows PC, HP is definitely one of the preferred brands. I was ecstatic to find out how HP redesigned their current lineup of HP Pavilion notebook PC. I was also excited to see the new HP TouchSmart Consumer PCs.
Here in my workplace, HP is one of the trusted brands. I’m actually getting a new HP laptop next week as my permanent work laptop. I do not think I’d be getting one of the products I’ll share with you in this post (as I would be using a business laptop) but knowing that I’d have an HP-branded notebook just makes me feel secured & satisfied.
The new HP Consumer PC portfolio enables users to:
- experience music the way artists intended it to be heard with Beats Audio, optimized by onboard quad speakers on HP Pavilion dv6.
- enjoy greater comfort with HP CoolSense Technology, designed and engineered for better cooling on HP dv series.
- amplify visual euphoria with HP TrueVision HD webcam and the optional graphic enhancement of up to 1GB GDDR5 of dedicated video memory on the HP Pavilion dv4.
- help protect their personal information and simplify password management, with HP SimplePass on the Pavilion dv6.
- benefit from the increased range of motion on the HP TouchSmart Consumer PC’s reclining display of up to 60 degrees and forward tilt of up to five degrees.
I was in awe while I was listening to the speakers explain what the new features are of HP’s new consumer PC lineup. I thought then that it might be too expensive for most of us. I was glad that they did consider that. HP offers products that would fit different needs and passion. Whether you’re a singer, student, advanced user, gamer or photographer, there’s a PC made for you.
The new HP Consumer PC portfolio are built on inspiration from HP’s MUSE design philosophy. MUSE stands for Materials, Usability, Sensory appeal & Experience. To further explain what MUSE is about, here’s a simple breakdown:
- Materials – includes a mix of materials such as metals, alloys and plastics
- Usability – easy to use features for improved usability
- Sensory appeal – a blend of artisanal elements for sensory appeal
- Experience – intuitive features for streamlined experiences
Here are some of the products from HP’s new consumer PC lineup:
HP Pavilion dv6
On a personal note, I liked this model among all the products showcased that day. This powerful HP notebook is designed for the performer at heart. HP Pavilion dv6 has Beats Audio wherein we can enjoy studio-quality music. Music our favorite artists intended for us to hear. This awesome laptop even has quad speakers to back it up. There are 2 speakers both at the front & back. Wow!
HP Pavilion dv6 also includes HP SimplePass, HP CoolSense Technology and 1GB GDDR5 video memory.
HP Pavilion dv4
Are you in it for speed? Then this laptop is for you. It maximizes your user experience by providing you full PC functionality with AMD Mobility Radeon HD6750 and 1GB GDDR5 video memory (the fastest graphics enchancement in any notebook PC of its class). Perfect for people who are after the best multimedia experience in their notebook PCs.
HP Pavilion g-series
You want a balance of affordability & performance? Then HP Pavilion g-series shall be your laptop of choice. It also looks so cool with available colors such as charcoal grey and sonoma red (wicked!!).
Whether you’re updating your status, checking your emails, tweeting your state of mind, watching videos, editing your photos or any other tasks, it’s doable with HP Pavilion g-series. Security is key too with HP SimplePass & HP ProtectSmart included.
HP Pavilion dm1
If you’re all about the size and weight of your portable PC, then HP Pavilion dm1 will catch your attention. It has 11.6-inch HP BrightView HD LED display, 92% full-sized keyboard and a touchpad with dedicated vertical scroll up/down. It measures less than 0.78-inch thin and has a starting weight of 1.45 kilos. Battery is decent too with up to 5 hours of battery life.
HP TouchSmart Consumer PC
Ten years ago, we couldn’t even imagine that there will come a time that our PC will have touchscreen. Now, it’s definitely a reality. HP has its own version of touch screen with HP TouchSmart. This new PC offers consumers increased range of motion, superior viewing and an intuitive touch experience with a 23-inch diagonal HD display that reclines up to 60 degrees and tilts forward to up to five degrees.
In addition, the HP TouchSmart Consumer PC has the latest version of HP TouchSmart software which includes:
– touch-optimized applications from Facebook & Twitter
– HP’s exclusive RecipeBox, webcam and music applications where users can add new applications via the TouchSmart App Center
– HP touch-enabled version of Ubisoft’s real-time strategy game, R.U.S.E.
– Beats Audio
– HP LinkUp application for users to wirelessly link a notebook PC to the TouchSmart using a home network.
HP x2301 Micro Thin LED Monitor
Beautiful is how I describe this 23-inch LED monitor by HP. You see it features LED backlighting that illuminates the display and edge lit illumination around the screen. It looks soo cool & stunning! My gosh!
While HP works hard in providing us with awesome products, they didn’t forget about after sales support. All the products featured here are backed by HP Total Care, the company’s support program for both in- and out-of-warranty products. It includes 24/7 access to phone support agents and online support like forums.