I was lucky enough to be part of a workshop provided by Intel showcasing their new Intel core processor products. It was not just a simple presentation of products because I learned so much more!!! For the longest time, I’ve always thought of myself as a techie, but geez, I’m so not there yet. I enjoyed the workshop as it helped me understand just a bit better the PC that we all use.
In this post, I’ll share with you what I’ve learned during the workshop, since I think it’s really crucial for all of us to know these things and make a more informed decision in our purchase of our laptops and PCs. I’ve come to know that it is truly important to choose the right processor for our computers and how it can affect our productivity too.
First, the basics. Let me try to present it in a way that will make the information easier to understand. Honestly, it was information overload but every bit of it is very important.
– the most important part of any computer – the brain of your computer
– controls everything your computer does
* buy the best Intel processor you can afford. It’s difficult to upgrade later on (more expensive too!)
– rate at w/c a processor executes a task (in short, processor speed)
– your computer’s short-term memory
– the computer uses RAM to process what you are doing as you do it
* 2GB of RAM is ideal for everyday use.
– storage for your digital data
* a hard drive with 160GB is a good starting point for a user
– a component to view images in your computer screen
* it is absolutely crucial to get the right balance between the computer’s processor, its graphics requirements & your own needs
Next, the most important part of the workshop was where they shared with us the new 2o10 Intel Core Processors. With the way technology is advancing, we really need to keep up. So if you’re stuck with your old PC, maybe it’s time to upgrade 🙂
The new family of 2010 Intel Core Processors has the ff. strengths:
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology – automatically speeds up your processor when your PC needs extra performance.
- Multi-Tasking Monster – enables 4-way multitask processing allows each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time.
- Intel Core Processors w/ Intel HD Graphics – provides superb visual performance for sharper images, richer color, and life-like video and audio.
The speakers showed us the new Intel Core processors by explaining which one fits for each personality.
- The Dabbler – Uses technology to support lifestyle. Intel Core i3 Processor lets them watch videos, listen to music & play games at highest possible quality.
- The Gadgeteer – into gadgets, they got the gear and they’re not afraid to use it. The Intel Core i5 Processor gives them the capacity to multi-task at top speed, by allowing them to run multiple application with no fear of freezing.
- The Tech Whisperer – they know their stuff. Their skills demand the power of Intel Core i7 Processor. It automatically speeds up when they need extra performance so that they’re free to be creative or solve problems with their PC.
Which one are you? As for me, I’m a Gadgeteer. With that, I’m glad that I’m using Macbook Pro 15″ as my laptop since it has Intel Core i5 as the processor, perfect for me! Yay!
How about you? Which one fits your personality and your needs?