Yesterday, Blog Watch held its press conference at Max’s Restaurant along Jupiter Street in Makati. We formally launched the site which aim to give Filipinos what they need in order to be a better-educated voter in time for the 2010 elections.
Blog Watch aims to cover underplayed stories in various formats (podcast, video, articles) that traditional media cannot cover due to limited resources and time. Our stories are those that promote voter’s education & automated elections, campaign fund sources & expenditures, background of candidates, platforms, social issues & commentaries on current election scene & the candidates.
The event was sponsored by Philippine Online Chronicles, a news & features website under Vibal Foundation and also where Blogwatch.PH is in.
Sharing with you the Program during the press launch:
- Introduction by Kristine Mandigma, Program Director of The Philippine Online Chronicles & Blogwatch.
- The Role of Bloggers as New Media in the Philippine 2010 Elections by Ed Lingao, Multimedia Media Content Producer for Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ).
- Blogging & Journalism by Marck Romorin, Blogwatch.ph writer.
- Features & Plans of Blogwatch.ph by Noemi Dado, Project Editor of Blogwatch.ph.
This is a video that we have from blogwatch, which is a teaser of what the site is all about.
And this is our group photo which we took right after the event:
- Chiz, I’m Confused
- Budget Reform is TG Guingona III’s Main Advocacy
- The RH Bill talk with Risa Hontiveros
- Get to know the 2010 automated election machine
Pictures from the event can be found here.