åœ‹ç«‹æ•…å®®åšç‰©é™¢ (National Palace Museum)
221 Zhishan Rd., Sec. 2, Shilin, Taipei, 11143 Taiwan
886 (02) 2881-2021
One of the most important museums in the world, åœ‹ç«‹æ•…å®®åšç‰©é™¢ (National Palace Museum) can be seen by paying just 160NT.
If you love art and history, the National Palace Museum has such rich collection that it may take you the whole day to truly appreciate it.
The museum is continuously being renovated and upgraded. The collection is always expanded. It now has over 650,000 pieces of the finest collection of Chinese art and culture from the middle Neolithic Age up until the Ch’ing Dynasty.
åœ‹ç«‹æ•…å®®åšç‰©é™¢ (National Palace Museum) collection of antiques, books, caligraphy, historical documents and painting are displayed throughout three floors of the building.
Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures. Sorry, I don’t have anything to show you through, so you have to visit Taipei and go to åœ‹ç«‹æ•…å®®åšç‰©é™¢ (National Palace Museum) to know what I’ve seen. Their policy did gave me time to really appreciate the wonderful historical collection that they have that goes way back to 6200-2070 BCE.
Here are the exhibitions during the time we visited (09/15/2009):
- Compassion & Wisdom: Religious Sculptural Arts
- Rare Books & Documents Gallery
- Special Exhibition Galleries
- Arts from the Qing Imperial Collection
- Splendors of Qing Furniture
- Transitions & Convergences
- Prototypes of Modern Styles
- The New Era of Ornamentation
- Painting & Calligraphy Galleries
- The Contest of Craft: Ming Dynasty’s Jia-Jing to Chong-Zhen
- Treasures from an Age of Prosperity: The Reigns of Emperors Kang-xi, Yong-zheng & Qian-long
- Toward Modernity: Late Qing Dynasty
- The Mystery of Bronzes
- Classical Civilization: The Bronze Age
- Dazzling Gems of the Collection: Famous Pieces form the Qing Dynasty Palaces
- The Neolithic Age: The Beginning of Civilization
- From Classic to Tradition: Qin & Han Dynasties
The museum has free tour guides in English every 10 am and 3 pm. If guests prefer to tour at their own pace, they can pay 200NT for an English headphone guide.
This is me & my mom outside the museum (the only place we can take pictures hehehe :P)
Rest of the pictures here.