æœ±éŠ˜ç¾Žè¡“é¤¨ (Juming Museum)
20842 No. 2 She-Shi-Hu Chin-Shan Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
886 (2) 24989940
For 250NT, we’ll be able to see this 15-hectare place built to show the works of æœ±éŠ˜ (Juming), an international sculptor.
æœ±éŠ˜ (Juming) was trained as a woodcarver but later developed his skill and ventured into bronze, styrofoam, ceramics & stainless steel. All we can see in æœ±éŠ˜ç¾Žè¡“é¤¨ (Juming Museum).
The museum opened July 2004 together with the Taiwan Astronomical museum wherein people stayed at the Taichi square to gaze at the stars. Apparently, Juming’s Taichi series is the most popular from all his works.
Let me show you what we saw in the museum. I’ll divide it via collection/series:
- åå¹´æ›²è— (10 Years Collection) – Various Artists
There is one piece that I find interesting. They have to put electric fan in front of it for us to see the full effect. Here’s a video:
- Taichi Series – æœ±éŠ˜ (Juming) is well-known for this. It was his mentor Mr. Yang who influenced him to start learning Taichi. His learnings can be seen through his works as shown below. I enjoyed looking at the different pieces, they even have Tai Chi shirts & other stuff at the museum souvenir shop.
- Living World Series – While æœ±éŠ˜ (Juming) studied in New York, he developed Living World Series which was put to display in New York. He was able to sold 2 pieces w/c is uncommon for new artists. He also was able to experiment more while working on this series like using sponges & ropes into his pieces.
Among all the areas, my favorite is the science area. You’ll see familiar names like the ff.:
- Michael Faraday – philosopher contributed to electromagnetism & electrochemistry.
- Thomas Edison & æŽé å“² (Dr. Yuan Tseh Lee) – Thomas Edison is inventor of the light bulb & motion picture camera while Dr. æŽé å“² (Dr. Yuan Tseh Lee) is a chemist who won the noble prize for chemistry last 1986.
- Benjamin Franklin – 1 of the founding fathers of the United States of America.
- è”¡å€« (Cai Lun) – inventor of paper and paper making process.
- Sir Isaac Newton – one of the most influential men in history.
More pictures can be found here.