Hai, Jo & I rode the taxi back to the office coz we missed the shuttle by 1 minute!
For me, it’s meant to be… coz we got to know the new meter LTFRB implemented! Believe me, it’s sooooooooo cool! I think this is the cheapest taxi ride I ever had in my whole life (in the Philippines).
It’s just sad that not all taxi drivers bought this meter as it’ll cost them Php16,000.00. It is definitely worth it though, the driver was very proud of it as well. He told us that all his passengers were very happy upon seeing the meter.
It will be mandated by January 2010 though. I really hope this will push through despite of the disapproval of the different taxi companies.
The advantages that I can see are the ff.:
- No tampering of meters! (this is very important for passengers)
- Tax properly reported (good for government)
- Passenger’s approval & confidence to the ride & taxi fee (makes it a joyful ride – good for driver & passenger hehe)
- taxi ride properly documented (receipts- coolness)
- meter is expensive – Php 16,000.00 (1 year warranty)
- you can only get materials for the meter like receipt paper through LTFRB (so price is dictated by the government, no other sources for materials)
I did mention about the receipt earlier. Promise, we were sooooo impressed.
Here are the information that you can see in the receipt:
- Taxi Operator Details
- Car Details (Plate #)
- Official Receipt #
- Distance measured by kilometers
- waiting time
- Taxi Fare
Rest of the pictures here.