So glad I attended last night’s toastmaster’s meeting. It has been a long time since I last attended the sessions mainly because of schedule conflicts. The meetings are set every 1st & 3rd wednesdays and 4th friday of the month. I’ll make sure I’ll attend frequently next time 🙂
If you wanna know what toastmasters is, it is an organization that helps people become more competent in public speaking 🙂 I joined it last year because I really have troubles speaking in public, whenever the spotlight is on me, I just black out. Since I haven’t been attending the meetings much, I still have this fear.
Basically, toastmasters meet weekly where they practice their skills by filling a meeting role. Meeting roles are as follow:
- Toastmaster of the Evening
- General Evaluator
- Language Evaluator
- Table Topics Master
- Time Manager
- Ah Counter
- Table Topics Evaluator
- Speech Evaluator
Here is the program schedule that we follow every meeting:
- Opening Portion (Invocation, Toastmaster’s Promise, Opening Remarks, Word of the Day, Introduction of Members & Guests)
- Introduction of Toastmaster of the Meeting (Opening, Introduction of Meeting Roles)
- Educational Portion (Table Topics, Speeches)
- Evaluation Portion (General Evaluator Opening Remarks, Table Topics Evaluation, Speech Evaluation, Language Evaluation, Ah Counter Report, Timer Report, General Evaluator Closing Remarks)
- Concluding Portion (Closing Remarks, President’s Time, Guest Observations, Adjournment, Picture Taking)
Aside from being able to improve your speaking & leadership skills. One other thing that I love with the club I’m in, Emperor Toastmasters, is that the people are just sooooo warm & nice.
If you are interested to join toastmasters, you can choose a location near you. Just click here, you won’t regret it 🙂
Pictures from the August 19 meeting can be found here.