I realized that I’m living my life one day at a time and not setting on any goals.
It’s like whatever comes, comes. I don’t even think about it and just jump right through whatever opportunities that come my way.
I’ve been reflecting a lot the past few days.. Realized that I really don’t have any direction in my life now and I have to do something about it so I can be happier & contented.
Here is a list of things that I promise myself I will do:
- Start Exercising – I tried jogging before but stopped after 1 month, I just cannot sustain it. This time I promise myself that even if I’m really getting so lazy to get up and drive to UP for a jog, I’ll punish myself (like no comfort food for a week or something!) 😛
- Be Conscious on what I Eat – I gained 10 pounds since last month. Before I damage my figure, I better take charge and do something about it. I promise to eat just a considerable amount of rice 😛 stop eating too much (I tend to overeat). And when at home, try to skip dinner (when I’m out, I’m still going to eat hehehe).
- Better Time Management – This is most applicable to how I manage time at work. A perfect example is now, it is a saturday and I’m at the office trying to catch up work. Here is my promise, I’ll work strictly 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm & when i have night calls only. I will have a schedule for emails, meetings, break, lunch, etc. On a personal note, I will also have a schedule for blog, sleep, jog, etc.
- Keep Track of Expenses – I don’t know what happened but I haven’t been spending much for the past few months but it seems my money is diminishing fast. It’s weird. And I don’t know why. So my promise is to keep track of every centavo that I spend, organize via categories (food, bills, car expenses, etc) and enter those in an excel file. I’ll start tomorrow.
There are a lot more things that I need to work on but the most important thing that I know will need most work is this…
- Be Happy Inside & Out – One thing I realized is that I’m drowning myself in loneliness & sorrow, though I look like a cheerful person outside, deep inside I’m never happy. And because of this, I became so vulnerable and people can take advantage of that and play with my emotions. I know that my life isn’t as wonderful as most people are but what is important is how we react to whatever we have. I promise to start thinking positively, I know this is going to be real hard especially since I’ve been thinking negatively ever since I was a child. I will look at things positively and I will control whatever emotions I have (especially when angry). If people disappoint or hurt me, I’ll just take it as it is and move on as quick as possible. I will smile a lot, not just on the outside but also on the inside. I’ll see life in a different way even if I’m alone. I’ll do my best to always think of happy thoughts and learn to love being alive in this world. I know this is going to be a difficult thing to do but I’ll do my best 🙂
I will just update this list as soon as I think of something. I would like to broadcast this to everyone so I don’t have any choice but to follow them hahahaha 😛