Today, I updated my iPhone software from 2.1 to 2.2. Obviously, I still own the 1st generation iPhone so I unlocked it via QuickPwn.
Here are the steps that I took:
- Update iPhone Software via iTunes
- Restore iPhone and backup previous iPhone settings
- download Quickpwn (take note: im using a mac)
- Use quickpwn to unlock & jailbreak my 2G iPhone
Apple released the update last November 21. Good thing, the iPhone Dev team works really fast that I was already able to download the update today.
Here are the list of updates for the 2.2 software update:
* from Apple Site
- Enhancements to Maps
– Google Street View
– public transit and walking directions
– display address of dropped pins
– share location via email
- Enhancements to Mail
– resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
– improved formatting of wide HTML email
- Improved stability and performance of Safari
- Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
- Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
- Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first Home screen
- Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings
I specifically love the ability to turn on/off auto correction & download podcasts on our iPhones.
How about you? what do you like most on the update?