It was kind of challenging for me to install windows vista in my macbook. Basically because I got some errors and I have to do a lot of research before I finally made it to work. To help you save time, Iâ€™ll post here what I did and how it worked 😉
- Get ready with your Mac OS & Windows installers.
- On your mac, close all open programs.
- Go to Applications then Utilities then Boot Camp.
- Open Bootcamp Assistant, follow the online instructions
- Create a partition for Windows, I chose 40GB for my windows HD (I have a 250GB HD)
I tried going to disk utility then repair then tried boot camp again but it failed again.
After googling, I found the solution:
1) Start up your macbook w/ the Mac OS X installer CD
2) Use Disk Utility to repair disk
This time, it worked! No more errors, so I continued w/ Windows installation.
- Insert your Windows Installer CD then click Start Installation. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Select â€œDisk 0 Partition 3 BOOTCAMPâ€
- Click Drive Options (advanced).
- Click Format, then OK, then next. Your Windows Vista partition is now formatted using NTFS file system.
- After you install Windows, your computer will automatically restart using Windows.
- Follow onscreen instructions to configure windows.
- When youâ€™ve finished installing Windows, youâ€™ll need to install the macbook drivers.
- Go to My Computer, select Drive D: then eject (windows installation CD)
- Insert Mac OS X Installation disc, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Youâ€™re done! woohooo!
In order for you to choose which OS to boot, hold down the option key while restarting until the disk icons appear and choose which OS to start, thatâ€™s it!
Click this link to go to the official guide: Boot Camp Installation Guide
Let me know if this helped you in a way 🙂