Since I live alone, I ended up cooking one big batch of rice then reheat the rice during the course of the week. Due to that, I have plenty of opportunities to prepare dishes that includes leftover rice. The most basic of all is Garlic Fried Rice which is my favorite and my recipe for the day.
I used 1 whole garlic for this dish but feel free to add more. The more garlic it is, the more delicious the Garlic Fried Rice will become. I also enjoy Garlic Fried Rice that is a bit salty, I don’t know why but I love the dish to be garlicky and salty. Garlic Fried Rice is best enjoyed during breakfast and when eating Pares 😀
Garlic Fried Rice
Yield 4 servings
Inspired by Ang Sarap
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups leftover rice
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large wok, heat oil over high heat.
- Once wok is hot, lower heat to medium.
- Add garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Add rice and combine with garlic well. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!