There is one constant ingredient in my refrigerator and that is eggs. I always make sure I stock up as it’s an ingredient that is so versatile. I can just eat scrambled eggs with rice and that is good enough of a meal for me. I want to cook simple dishes and move to harder ones in the future. For today, it’s still simple — Fried Rice with Beaten Egg.
I realised that the secret to a good egg fried rice is to have a generous serving of eggs. The end product is actually tasty so I like this recipe! When I’m a bit lazy, I tend to whip up the Fried Rice with Beaten Egg. Never fails each time!
Fried Rice with Beaten Egg
Yield 2 servings
Inspired by China Sichuan Food.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, washed and chopped
- Add rice to heated wok and break any chunks.
- Push the rice to one side of the wok.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pour the beaten egg.
- Combine the eggs with the rice quickly.
- Add salt and continue to cook until all the rice are wrapped in egg.
- Add half of the green onions and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls.
- Garnish with the remaining sprint onions.