It’s difficult to cook for one. Sometimes, I feel that buying ready-made food is better than me preparing food for myself. Because I then have to eat the same dish over and over the rest of the week. In fact, I think I can only post a few recipes per month as I tend to finish one dish in 1-2 weeks. For today, I’m sharing the recipe for Chinese Eggplants with Minced Pork.
This is yet another simple dish to cook and it’s also yummy! However, this recipe is not spicy at all! So if you want it spicy, you can just add chilies into the recipe and then you’re good!
Chinese Eggplants with Minced Pork
Yield 4 servings
- 2 pieces eggplants
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon doubanjiang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut the eggplant into cubes and remove the ends.
- Put the eggplants in a large pot.
- Fill the pot in water, add a pinch of salt and soak the eggplants for 10 minutes.
- Marinate ground pork with minced ginger, pinch of salt and shaoxing wine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry eggplants for 10 minutes. Transfer the eggplants out and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same wok and fry green onions, garlic, ginger and doubanjiang. Add eggplants and marinated ground pork, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Mix all ingredients together.
- Garnish with green onions on top and serve.