I still had some dried taro leaves left so I decided to cook another version of a laing dish. This time with Tuna. So it’s rightly called Tuna Laing 😃
This seafood and veggie combination worked really well! I may have to lessen the number of servings next time as I eat all the dishes that I cook alone 😅
Yield 6 servings
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 340 grams canned tuna (I used Century Tuna)
- 8 pieces dried red chili pepper
- 3 cups dried taro leaves (or dried laing)
- 1/4 cup ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shrimp paste
- In a wok, add garlic, coconut milk, tuna (include the juice), chili pepper and ginger.
- Bring the mixture a boil then lower heat to medium and cover the wok.
- Add dried taro leaves. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir to ensure that the taro leaves absorbs the coconut milk.
- Cover again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and shrimp paste.
- Stir, cover again and continue to cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!