I had some mushrooms in the pantry and I didn’t know what to do with them. So I searched through the website of the distributor of the Jolly Pieces & Stems Mushrooms and found a very good recipe to adapt. It’s called Mushroom-Chicken Loaf with Gravy.
I tagged this recipe as one of my favourites because the dish turned out so delicious! It took me quite a while to prepare the Mushroom-chicken loaf with Gravy. However, it is just so worth it considering how good it turned out to be.
Mushroom Chicken Loaf with Gravy
Yield 8 servings
- 1 can 400g pieces & stems mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 500 grams ground chicken
- 1 piece large onion, chopped
- 1 piece chicken cube, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 piece medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 piece egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 piece medium onion, chopped
- 1 can 198 grams pieces & stems mushrooms, drained
- 1 can 170 grams cream of mushroom
- water (just 1/2 can of cream of mushroom to measure)
- Preheat oven at 177 degrees celsius.
- combine all ingredients for the meat loaf.
- Put the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 177 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.
- Leave at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Slice the loaf into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Saute onions and mushrooms.
- Add cream of mushroom and water.
- Season with pepper and simmer for another minute.
- Place meatloaf slices on a serving plate.
- Put on top the gravy.