Whenever I go to watch a movie, I would always look for a Wendy’s branch so that I can get myself a biggie order of their iced tea. I really love the citrus taste of Wendy’s iced tea. I especially appreciate that their iced tea is the fresh brewed type which is healthier than the powdered one.
There came a time that I was so addicted to Wendy’s iced tea that I bought one biggie order every single day for several months. It was expensive yet very addicting! So I realised why can’t I just make my own brewed iced tea? Besides, it’s pretty obvious based on the taste of the tea how it was prepared. I searched online for the best measurements for each ingredient and here is what I made!
Honey Calamansi Iced Tea
Yield 2 liters
- 3 pcs tea bags (I used Lipton black tea)
- 1.5 liters cold water
- 500 ml water
- ⅓ cup calamansi juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ice for serving
- Pour 500ml water into a pot and boil.
- Steep the tea bags into the boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Add sugar, honey & calamansi juice and mix well.
- Cool the mixture for a few minutes before pouring it to a pitcher.
- Add 1.5 liters of water into the prepared juice.
- Serve on a glass with tons of ice.