Whenever I get sick, the first dish that came into my mind is Arroz Caldo. I do not know why but I tend to crave Arroz Caldo when I’m not feeling well physically. I’ve always wanted to cook this dish on my own and finally, I was able to do it last month! Here’s the recipe for Arroz Caldo.
Arroz Caldo is a filipino dish and I remember it being so popular in a restaurant called Via Mare. It’s there where I always the dish when I crave for it. Arroz Caldo is awesome with lots of calamansi! I might have to cook this again as I’m wishing to eat it again 😅
Yield 6 servings
For the Arroz Caldo
- 1.5 kilos chicken thigh
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 piece onion, sliced thinly
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 pieces chicken cubes
- 7 cups water
- ready-made toasted garlic
- green onions, chopped
- fresh calamansi
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions and ginger. Cook until aromatic.
- Add chicken and cook until color turns light brown.
- Add fish sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add rice to the pot. Stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Remove scum that surfaces.
- Add chicken cubes and stir to dissolve.
- Cover pot and lower heat to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Cook until rice has cooked and congee has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with green onions, toasted garlic and 1 piece calamansi per bowl.