Yesterday, I cooked Laing. So I decided to use some leftover rice and laing to make Laing Fried Rice! And boy, was it so good! This is a must-try dish if you cooked up some laing!
The ingredients to cooking laing fried rice is pretty straightforward. The usual oil, garlic and salt are there with laing and rice of course. What makes this dish special is the addition of crispy sweet dilis! What I did to ensure that I capture all the flavors in laing fried rice is to cook the dilis first then use its oil to cook the fried rice. I marked laing fried rice as one of my favorite dishes to cook! It’s that yummy!
Laing Fried Rice
Yield 4 servings
- 5 cups leftover rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dilis
- sugar (to cook dilis with)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked laing
- mix rice and salt in a big bowl and set aside.
- heat olive oil in a wok and add the dilis.
- Cook for a few minutes then add sugar to coat the dilis (do not add a lot of sugar, just enough to sweeten the dilis).
- remove the cooked dilis from heat and set aside.
- Using the remaining oil, saute garlic.
- Add laing to the work and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add cooked dilis and mix everything again.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve and enjoy!