I needed another dish for our food this week and I decided to cook up Bagis. Bagis is ground beef cooked in calamansi (Philippine lime). I’m trying to plan my dishes wherein I can eat it up since I’m having a hard time eating due to my dental braces.
It’s very easy to cook bagis since there are only a few ingredients and all you need to do is fry and simmer. I also love the sour and spicy taste due to the calamansi and thai chili peppers. I tend to like my dish more spicy thus I put more chilies than usual.
Yield 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 piece onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 5 pieces thai chili peppers, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent in color.
- Add fish sauce and mix the ingredients together.
- Add ground beef and cook until color turns light brown.
- Add thai chili peppers and combine with the rest of ingredients.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover the wok and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add calamansi juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste
- serve and enjoy!