I just had my braces 2 weeks ago and I’m in so much pain. For the past two weeks, all I had was soup, congee and water. I’ve been really weak and started to easily get irritated. Most of all, I miss eating food. I needed to do something about it so I decided to cook something I can just lightly chew and immediately swallow. That dish is Pork Giniling.
I like pork giniling to have a lot of sauce so I opted to turn off the heat once I knew that the ground pork is fully cooked and the flavors are already a-ok! Luckily, I was able to eat the finished pork giniling! This is my first real meal since 2 weeks ago that I had my braces. I will have to eat this dish for the whole week. I cooked a lot so it’s sufficient for my week-long meal. I have to find a similar dish that I can eat while I’m still adjusting to my braces. Yay for pork giniling! It’s also very very simple to cook!
Yield 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large potato, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 pieces bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a wok and add olive oil.
- Add potatoes and cook until it's fully cooked. Set aside.
- In the same wok, saute garlic.
- Add ground pork and cook until the pork color turns light brown.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ground black pepper, bay leaves and chili flakes.
- Add water and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add potatoes back to the wok and cook for a few more minutes.
- remove from heat and serve.