I’m getting my cooking groove back. Since I started with the pork adobo during lunch today, I tried my hand with a soup recipe. For dinner, I prepared Nilagang Pata. This is another Filipino dish and I’m not yet done cooking more Filipino dishes.
Whenever I’m craving for Filipino soup, I always go for Bulalo (beef soup) & Sinigang (sour soup). However, I wanted to try something different today so I went for the non-traditional Nilagang Pata. The main ingredient is pork but I cooked it in beef broth. I think it’s safe to say that the flavors of the soup is the winner here! Sharing my recipe here. Try it out! 😃
Yield 4 servings
- 1 kilo pata, sliced
- 7 cups water
- 1 beef cube
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 piece yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 piece potato, cubed
- 4 pieces saba, sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy
- In a large pot, put water and beef cube. Bring to a boil.
- Add onions, peppercorns and pata.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Add water as you see fit.
- Add potatoes and saba. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and bok choy. Gently mix all ingredients.
- Turn the heat off and cover the pot. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!