I saw in our refrigerator that there are still 2 pieces of eggplant. So I cooked a very simple eggplant dish for my breakfast earlier. That dish is Tortang Talong.
Tortang Talong is simply eggplant with egg. Usually people will grill the eggplant before frying it with egg. I find it really hard to grill so I boil the eggplants instead. It’s actually pretty easier for me and I’m sure that the eggplants are cooked!
Yield 2 servings
- 2 pieces eggplants
- 1 piece egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and poke holes on each eggplant.
- On a large pot, boil water enough to cover all the eggplants.
- Add the eggplants to the boiling water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until eggplants are soft.
- Remove eggplants from water and let it cool for a short while.
- Peel off the skin of the eggplants and set them aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add salt and mix thoroughly.
- Place eggplants on a big plate and flatten using a fork.
- Heat a frying pan then add olive oil.
- Dip each eggplant on the egg mixture.
- Put eggplant one at a time cooking it for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with ketchup on the side. Enjoy!