The filipino-style spaghetti or Pinoy Spaghetti is a dish I consider my specialty. I cooked it a lot of times already and it has always been successful (according to the tasters, hehe!). I felt it was good too so I’m quite confident if I cook this dish. So today, I’m sharing with you the recipe of Pinoy Spaghetti.
Apart from the dish being so tasty, Pinoy Spaghetti is very easy to prepare. It doesn’t need a lot of time too! I’m able to cook this spaghetti sauce together with the noodles in less than 45 minutes. Plus, this recipe is good for 6-7 hungry people. If you like Jollibee’s spaghetti, you’ll enjoy this recipe. It has the same sweetness!
Yield 6-7 servings
- 1 kilo ground beef
- 1 whole clove garlic, minced
- 1 piece onion, minced
- 1 piece bell pepper, minced
- 6 pieces hotdogs, sliced thinly
- 1 kilo Pinoy spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- black pepper to taste
- 500 grams cooked noodles for serving
- grated cheese for serving
- Heat a wok.
- Add ground beef into the pan (yes, NO oil at all).
- cook ground beef until its juices come out.
- put ground beef on one side of the wok.
- using meat oil, add garlic on the other side of the wok and cook until color turns light brown.
- add onions and sauce until translucent.
- add bell peppers and cook for another minute.
- add hotdogs and cook for another minute then mix all ingredients together.
- pour spaghetti sauce into the mixture.
- add sugar and pepper and continue mixing the ingredients together.
- cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- remove from heat and serve.
- to serve, place cooked noodles on a plate, pour sauce over the noodles and sprinkle some grated cheese.