I have a rule in the kitchen that I do only keep ingredients in the fridge that I intend to use for the week. So as I was trying to do a cleanup of my fridge, I saw that there are still a lot more chicken thighs. Thus, today, I decided to cook two different chicken dishes. One of them is Chicken Adobo.
Chicken Adobo is another filipino favorite and it’s usually a staple in everyone’s menu. I, however, intend to try as much dishes as possible. I intend to blog every single successful dish that I cook up. I couldn’t eat pork yet (because of my dental braces) so I’m glad that I can chew chicken meat with my braces so this is good!
I like Chicken Adobo to have a lot of sauce so I put 2 cups of water (double from usual). Some of you might prefer less sauce so you can lessen the water & the spices in this recipe.
Yield 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 kilo chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, cut into big cubes
- 4 pieces bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- Marinade chicken with soy sauce and garlic. (I use a 9-minute marinator so it's pretty quick for me. If you don't have the gadget, you can just marinate the chicken for 2 hours).
- In a wok, add cooking oil and put the wok into medium heat.
- Add marinated chicken and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add bay leaves, whole peppercorn and potatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!